Petra Excursion From Sharm El Sheikh
- Marvel at the archaeological wonder and UNESCO World Heritage Site of Petra
- Visit the treasury of Al Khazneh, the Roman theater, and the 13 graves of the famous King Wall
- Enjoy a delicious lunch after your explorations
- Pick up from your hotel (around around 01:30 Am depends on the Hotel location in Sharm) to drive to Taba port.
- Bus to the borders Enjoy the nature of Sinai desert and mountain of AL Aqaba golf while driving for about 2 and half hours to Taba port.
- Ferry To Petra you’ll then take the ferry at around 5:30 am to sail across Aqaba golf and get to Jordan at around 8:45 am then 2 more hours drive to get to Petra to start your adventure with your English speaking guide.
- Petra in Petra you’ll be met by our guide who will be waiting for you at the arrival hall with our Sharmers Sign to start your journey .
- Petra Tour enjoy the past wealth that’s lavishly displayed in its arts and architecture, nowhere more dramatically than in elaborate buildings, such as the Treasury, which were carved directly into the soft sandstone cliffs, The Nabataean capital was also a remarkable feat of urban planning. and Some 30,000 people once lived in this dry desert, quenching their thirst by a channel and cistern system that harvested and stored winter rains for future use. The scheme worked well enough to accommodate many gardens.
- The Canyon Of Siq Your 1st walk you have in Petra should be through the Canyon of Siq, a natural geological feature formed from a deep split in the sandstone rocks and serving as a waterway flowing into Wadi Mosses. This Canyon is one of the main reasons why Petra was such an amazing attractive site for the Nabateans behind a narrow and easily defensible canyon known as the Siq.
- The Treasury of Pharaoh Your next visit should be to the great treasury of the Pharaoh which is known as Al Khazneh, it’s one of the most elaborate buildings in the ancient Jordanian city of Petra. This structure was also carved out of a sandstone rock face. It has classical Greek-influenced architecture, it was originally built, probably between 100 BC and AD 200. Its Arabic name Treasury derives from one legend that bandits or pirates hid their loot in a stone urn high on the second level. Another is that it functioned as a treasury of the Egyptian Pharaoh of the time of Moses (Khaznet Far’oun).
- Roman Theater next the Roman theater a period follows in which the dominant civilization combines Greek, Egyptian and Syrian elements, clearly pointing to the age of the Ptolemies. Towards the close of the 2nd century BC, when the Ptolemaic and Seleucid kingdoms were equally depressed, the Nabataean kingdom came to the front. Under Aretas III Philhellene, (c.85–60 BC), the royal coins begin. The theater was probably excavated at that time, and Petra must have assumed the aspect of a Hellenistic city. With the amazing skill of the Nabateans being excellent engineers they built water conservation and irrigation systems and carved their homes, temple, graves and tombs right out of the rocks.
- Lunch Next thing to do will be getting something to eat so your guide will take you straight to the city center to have Lunch in an amazing restaurant .
- Al-Habis Fort After lunch and before we head back to the port, you’ll get to visit Al Habis fort, On top of Al-Habis, from there you have a fine view over the entire central Petra basin where Al-Habis Crusader Fortress is located. It is a secondary fortress, designed and sited to control the strategic communication route within the Petra basin that was not in sight of Al-Wu’eira Fortress.
- Back to Sharm El Sheikh By the end of the day By, you’ll drive back to Aqaba port to sail by ferry back to Taba and then drive back to your hotel in Sharm El Sheikh.
- Air conditioned transportation every where in Petra and Sharm El Sheikh.
- Return ferry tickets SSH-JRD-SSH
- All entrance fees to all the touristic places mentioned in the itinerary.
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Professional English speaking guide
- bottled water on the bus
- Visa to Jordan and Visa to Re-Entre Sharm El-Sheikh (Gulf of Aqaba free zone).
- Personal expenses
Timing & Duration
Petra Excursion From Sharm El Sheikh
- Pick up around 1:00 Am (Depending on your hotel location).
- Drop Off: Around 23:00 Pm (the same day).
- Duration: 22 hours.
Petra Excursion From Sharm El Sheikh available on: Tuesday
Wait for the bus in front of the hotel (near the main entrance)
What to take with you?
- Sun glasses
- Comfy shoes ( trainers would be perfect for this excursion )
- Breakfast box (free of charge in most of the hotels in Sharm El Sheikh ).
- $ 205 per adult.
- No prepayment required. The full amount is payable on the day of travel (cash).
How to book a tour?
For booking write us via:
phone call: +201100072198
Please write to us:
Name of the trip
Date of trip
How many adults
How many children
Age of children
- 22 Hours
- Tuesday, friday
- Group tour